Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s largest city and is growing astonishingly very Fast, 2300-2500 mts in altitude. A hub for International Organizations Of the UN ECA, African Union, More than one hundred ten countries Embassies and Consular.
Unique & Colorful Events
- September 12Th (Ethiopian New Year)
- September 29th Day of the founding of The True Cross. First intangible
- World Heritage Event registered by UNESCO.
- January 7th Ethiopian Christmas (Delightful Event in the rock churches Of Lalibella)
- January 19th Epiphany (Timkat) One of the most colorful and unique Event in Ethiopia.
Major Air Lines
Ethiopian, Lufthansa, Emirates, British Airways, Egypt Air, Turkish Air Line.
Best season for Tourism
September –May (The best way to visit is by surface)
Cold on the high mountains, warm and dry in the low lands
As diverse as the people. Eighty different languages are spoken with Some 200 dialects. The official national languages are AMHARIC and ENGLISH. Arabic, French and other languages are also spoken.
Electricity 220 Volts
Visa can be obtained from Ethiopian embassies abroad
US Dollar, Euro and pound sterling are major accepted currencies. The Ethiopian currency is Birr and has denominations of 1, 5, 10, 50 and 100 notes coins 1,5,10, 50, and 100 birr. Check exchange rates daily .